With the last month of summer upon us it’s time for some August goals. Be sure to check out Writes Like A Girl’s blog, as I recently discovered she’s who started the small goals train! She’s got a link-up too!
If I’m being honest, I wrote July’s goals in a post and literally never looked at them again. I never even wrote them in my bullet journal. I’ve got the post open in another tab right now as I write this just to remember what they are. So the July goal wrap-up will probably be pretty rough. :/
July Goals Wrap-Up
1. Reach out locally about art jobs. Sigh. Nope. I’m the worst.
2. Set aside 20 minutes each day for sketching. Nope. I did do a lot more sketching, but definitely not every day. It’s still something I need to work on to make it a regular habit.
3. Finish another Zodiac portrait. Success! Libra is complete, and I’m moving on to Cancer next.
4. Brainstorm ideas for Patreon. Success! I’ve got a rewards system planned out, and even a launch date prepped.
Well, two out of four is better than I expected! Onto August goals.
1. Complete another Zodiac portrait. This should be incredibly easy since it’s already drawn out. I just need to add color.
2. Prep for Patreon launch. Now that it’s planned, I need to get some things ready for it! Some illustrations for the page, some rewards – much to do this month!
3. Yoga at least 3 times a week. I’ve been quite lax about yoga this summer, often only setting aside time for it once or twice a week. I feel so much better when I start the day with a yoga session, and need to get back into that schedule.
4. Thumbnails for my Fear series. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll see that I just posted my first piece in a series all about Fear. With the first one done, I want to get thumbnails of more ideas so I can get to work on them in the fall.
Sticking to four sounds like a plan! In reality, I have a lot more things I’d like to get done but these are the biggies.
Have you got any big plans or goals for the last month of summer?