If someone could please explain to me how it’s May already, that’d be great. This year is just FLYING by. I still feel like the year is just beginning, and yet we are almost halfway through 2017 already! What?!
We arrived safely home from our Costa Rica vacation at about 2:45am Monday morning. I’ve got posts about the trip coming for sure, but I wanted to start off May with some goals! I’m still getting back into the normal routine post-vacation, but that always takes a little time. Here’s a roundup of April’s goals, and how I fared with them – spoiler alert: not great.
1. Update my art shop. Ummmm, nope. Not even a little. I got a bunch of artwork scanned, and looked into a new place to order prints. But I’ve yet to actually DO any of that, or list anything. Facepalm.
2. Find some freelance work. While I did pick up a couple commissions to work on in May, I have not applied for any freelance jobs. Or even looked for any. Double facepalm.
3. Survive the travel day to Costa Rica. MY ONLY SUCCESS THIS MONTH, YAYYY! But really, the travel getting there couldn’t have been smoother. The trip was amazing, and I can’t wait to share all about it!
WELL. Clearly April was a bit of a trainwreck, goal-wise. I’ll be rolling these goals over into May, with some adjustments:
1. List original work in my art shop.
2. Order prints to list in my shop.
3. Apply for 3 freelance art jobs. Ideally I’d like one of these to be something editorial related.
4. Look into any opportunities for local art jobs.
5. Attempt to participate in #mermay. Tom Bancroft started up MerMay two years ago and it’s so fun! The goal is to draw a mermaid a day and share on Instagram. I know I won’t be doing EVERY day, but I’d like to get a few in.
And that’s it! I definitely need to work on focusing in and not losing sight of my goals. I think I’ll be working on incorporating them into my weekly bullet journal spreads so I am constantly seeing them.
What are your goals for May?