April has arrived! I think this is going to be my most exciting month of this year. Not only will it kick off my last year in my twenties, but I’m also going on my first trip out of the country! We leave for Costa Rica in t-minus 18 days. CUE MENTAL FREAK OUT.
Here’s how I got on with March’s small goals:
1. Start streaming my art on Twitch. Success! I’ve been streaming consistently for about three weeks now and it’s SO much fun! If you want to tune in and watch me make some art, click here and follow my Twitch channel!
2. Revamp my online art portfolio. FINALLY. I FOUND A PLUGIN I LIKE. It’s actually really great, and super responsive. I’m currently using the free version, but to purchase it is only $13 so I’ll be doing that soon and trying out the added features. Oh, and check out my portfolio if you like! You can either click here or use the menu at the top.
3. Back to daily yoga. Ehhhhhh, nope. I did start yoga again, but it’s nowhere near daily or consistent. Honestly only two or three times a week. Definitely room for improvement there.
Well, two out of three ain’t bad? Onto April’s goals.
1. Update my art shop. So yeah, I actually DO have an art shop where I sell prints and originals. I just never talk about it because I’m really unhappy with it. I want to update not just it’s look, but also what it offers. I’m currently looking into new places to get prints from, as well as setting up a Society 6 shop maybe? I don’t have a specific endgame for this goal other than PUT WORK INTO YOUR SHOP. So that’s what I’ll do.
2. Find some freelance work. I haven’t had a paid art job in three weeks. Which is great in terms of having lots of time to make more personal stuff. Not so great for the bank account or my mental state (the woes of feeling useless and that I don’t contribute financially…) So I need to start putting in a lot more effort to finding work; so far I’ve been pretty lax about it.
3. Survive the travel day to Costa Rica. I’m so excited to be in Costa Rica and laze on the beach, hike a volcano, and zipline through the rainforest. But getting there? NO THANKS. I don’t travel often, and I’m stressing SO MUCH about it. Plus, my daughter has never been on a plane before (not counting the time when she was an infant since she has no memory of it) so I also have my mom brain in overdrive making sure she’ll be alright. I can’t wait to get there, but I also can’t wait for the day of travel to be finished.
What are your April goals?